Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day

Ok, my plan is to go up for Father's day.

I've always feel slightly sad on that day not knowing where he is or what he's doing. I guess my sisters must call him or send him a card or something? He probably feels sad. I know I would feel sad. In the past, I have felt a strange sense of empathy mixed with disdain. I'll have this internal argument with myself. He was the one who left us. Not only did he leave us, but he left us destitute. We were homeless because he didn't support us the way he should have. So I guess part of me wishes he did feel badly every Father's day. I don't talk to him because he left us and disowned my brother. He adopted him knowing he was going to leave the family he built. I never wanted to not have a father. He left us.

No comments:

Post a Comment